I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ~Jack Kerouac

by khristin ann Friday, July 21, 2006 at 12:19 AM

I have become comfortably numb

I have been making jewelry like a madwoman all night and I have one slight problem. My left hand has been numb for the last three hours. I don't know if it is from my wrist being over used, if it is my seizure pills acting up (they randomly numb my limbs), or if it is from the chunk of skin i accidentally removed from my pointer finger with a dirty old headpin. All I can say is that I am glad I had to get a tetnus shot two years ago when the whole butter knife incident went down because I work with wire a lot these days. And we all know how accidents seem to find me. What does a tetnus shot protect you from? I guess I haven't the slightest clue what it does, but it is still a safety net. I won't be contracting herpes of the fingers anytime soon.

I can't afford 14 gauge silver wire, which is dissapointing. I have some silver charms that would make some sweet ass wine charms, but it seems as if that ain't happening. For some reason 14g copper wire is rather inexpensive. But I don't think a copper ring with a silver charm will be classy in any sort of light. So instead I will return to my jewelry rampage and mope about how poor this girl is. You know you're poor when you steal supplies from the first aid kit at work.

Post a Comment